So today I got the second press release e-mail from IMG regarding Berlin Fashion Week and this time they included something quite interesting…
Facts & Figures Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin Spring/Summer 2009
Size of temporary structure: 100 x 30m, moulded depth 4m, apex 9m, 3000sqm indoor
space (equals 12 tennis courts), 6000sqm including the outer structure (outdoor café, technology,
2500sqm of carpet
Cooling capacity of 1.5 megawatts
Power requirement for the event: 1.5 megawatts (to avoid generators, we will supply the
venue with current from a power pluck 200m away from Bebelplatz
To ensure security during building of the structure 500m fencing will be erected
The catwalk will be 28m long, 2.8m wide
Keep reading after the jump…
To light the catwalk there will be 180 conventional light and 22 moving lights (power requirement:
150kW; the lobby will be equipped with another 100 spotlights)
704 people can be seated during each runway show; with 20 onsite shows we will host more
than 14,000 guests inside our venue
Man hours: 600 man hours of labour when building the temporary structure; 400 man hours
air conditioning; 1200 man hours for technology; 2000 man hours for interior design; 5000
man hours staff for backstage, accreditation, catering and other service
On main days during construction there will be 100 people working onsite simultaneously
More than 6km of cable will be laid (14 times the height of the Empire State Building)
Number of guests: more than 800 guest per show, composed of media, fashion industry
experts and VIPs (over 10.000 people will attend the event)
Number of Make-Up Artists: 8
Number of Hairstylists: 12
Number of outfits shown during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin: more than 700
Number of designers: 28
Seems like a pretty big tent:P 800 guests per show…I will be one of them!!! Yaaay!!! And about 700 outfits will be shown? Ooooh yeah…sounds good!
- Berlin Fashion Week Facts and Figures Facts & Figures Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin Herbst/Winter 2009 ...
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin Spring/Summer 2010 News MERCEDES-BENZ FASHION WEEK BERLIN SHOWS CONTINUED GROWTH MANY NEW AND...
- Berlin Fashion Week review Sorry that I havent been posting in the past three...
- The new face of Berlin Fashion Week It’s………..Juliaaaaaa!!! Yes, it’s true and official, topmodel Julia Stegner...
- Berlin Fashion Week: Day 1 [caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="ⓒ 2008 Photographer William Chung "][/caption]What...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.